Monday, August 16, 2010

5th Week

Stepping into MK2 class with new hope and expectation because every time I enter Pn. Foziah’s class, definitely I’ll discover something new and interesting. Yes, this is a fact and I’m really impressed with the skills that I acquired from this class. In fact, the skill that I learned from this class is very useful for my everyday life. To be honest, I rarely download songs and videos because it consumes a lot of time. Fortunately, by using MOIER. This was fantastic because almost everyday I am using this software to download my favourite video and song.



While Pn. Foziah and we were discussing about the benefits of using MOIER, a guy entered the class. He is doing his PHD and he needs us to complete the questionnaire. After completing the questionnaire, Pn. Foziah asked all of us to find a partner from the opposite gender in order to do a task. After everyone has/had selected their pair, Pn. Foziah explained to us in detail about the task that we need to complete.


The task is to design activities which incorporated technological teaching aids for each stage in a lesson. Thus, my pair and I need to design activity for year 1, 2 and 3. The topic assigned for year 1 is “Places In My School”, year 2 is “Liza’s Family” and finally year 3 is on “Animals and Pets”. I was glad because all the topics are interesting and I was confident thinking that we can produce a good piece of lesson.





While we were busy planning for the activity, I came across a problem. In a lesson usually during the “while” teaching, pupils will be given task sheet and they need to complete the lesson. But one of the criteria for this task is we must prepare teaching aids which are technological. So, we were quite confused until my pair got a fantastic idea. He suggested to include smart board during the while teaching, where each group of pupils are called to the front to carry out the exercise using smart board.





Besides, designing the activity for each stage, we also need to write a rationale for carrying out the activity in that particular stage. This was a good idea as it prompted us to involve in brainstorming to think the reason for using that particular teaching aids. We were really impressed with our own task because, it will definitely be interesting if a teacher can carry out all the technological teaching aids stated in the lesson to her pupils.




Finally, after we had completed the task, we were so eager to submit it to Pn. Foziah and waiting forward for her comments regarding the task. This task is also very useful for me in future as I can use it to carry out the teaching and learning process in the classroom. Moreover the most important thing is that I learned on how to prepare technological teaching aids in order to expose my pupils to ICT.

No comments:

Post a Comment